Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

The New Bedroom

Several people I have asked me to post pictures of my new room in my new apt.  I purposely have not done it, because I am still very much in the decorating process! But since I had my camera out this week I went ahead and took some pictures.  
The picture below is walking in to my little area.  I have my dresser out here and across from it (not pictured) is the butler's pantry (aka cabinets and shelves)  
 Now on to my room.  It is actually considered "the maid's quarters" but since we don't have a live in maid,  I live here!:-)  I Love my small little room! It is a perfect haven in a busy city.  My curtains actually arrived today, but I took these pictures earlier in the week.
 Speaking of curtains, my mom is a great  incredible seamstress and is (or has) made my curtains, pillows, etc for all my different bedrooms.  She at times encourages me to buy store bought, but my quick reply is "why would I do that when you can make it so much better"  Seeing that we live hundreds of miles a part she has been incredibly patient with me as we try to do the long distance measuring and decorating for this room.  She even got on video skype with me to help me measure my window correctly for my curtains ( b/c I have learned the hard way that estimating is not exactly measuring)  All that to say I am sooooo thankful for my mom's willingness to help me decorate this room in a reasonable yet fun way!

Ok getting back to what is in my room.  Do you see this really fun quilt?  Yep, my mom made that too!  I have to admit I am not a quilt person at all, but when she told me she picked out Kate Spade material called "Central Park"  I knew it would be perfect for me!! I LOVE bright colors and this baby is definitely on the bright side.  But isn't it so cute??? It's a perfect touch of color resting on my white down comforter at the foot of my bed.

 Now moving on to my chair.  Before I even knew I was moving I went in to Pier 1 with my mom while visiting NC.  I saw this super cute chair cover that I just had to have even if I did not own a chair to put it on.  Well, I ended up not buying it but sent my mom back a couple weeks later.  Long story short she bought a completely different cover than the one I picked out, but I actually decided I liked it better!!  I eventually bought a chair for the cover and I think it's perfect for my room!! It's a great little reading seat by my window  and adds a splash of color in my white room
 Ok Now to my FAVORITE THING about my new room.
Having a half bath connected to your bedroom may not be a big deal to you suburbanites, but to NYer's this is so uncommon. I am so thankful for this little bonus!!

So that's a wrap-up of my room in progress.  We are having a big housewarming party next Saturday night so the goal is to at least get the curtains hung by then.  Once that's done I just need to pick out fabric to make a dust ruffle and pillows for my bed (thanks mom) and get a small floor rug to put by my bed.  I also have some different art I want to hang on the wall, but that may not happen for a few months.
I am so thankful for this new little room of mine. It is fun and bright and a perfect place for me to reside in at the end of each day!

I did not take any pictures of the rest of the apt, but if you go HERE you can see some pics of the apt that was photographed for the magazine Time Out New York.  

1 comment:

PamCakes said...

Love your new room and LOVE that chair! I almost got a bed spread in that pattern!