Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Race and the Christian

Tonight John Piper and Tim Keller took the stage in NYC for a very interesting discussion on "Race and the Christian"  This event was also live streamed through Desiring God.  
I walked away with my eyes again opened and my heart reminded of the issues of Racism and how powerful the Gospel is in overcoming it.  
These are 2 very diffrent men, yet both so wise and both so Godly.
 I feel like their was so much to take in and so much to digest as I listened to these "spiritual giants".  I walked away humbled and challenged. 

After taking in such heady material I met my roommates at 16Handles for a late night roommate date before Hannah flies the 9A coop to marry her brooklyn boy.  
Stay tuned for the roommate switch as this weekend we say good-bye to one and hello to another!  And may I just add here that when new roommate moves in she will be my 8th roommate in this city.  Yes, people 8.  That does not include all the many many roommates I had pre NYC. 
I don't think I would know what to do if I ever got married and didn't have constant change in my living environment. 
Thankfully in the many changes of life, the Lord continues to so sweetly remind me that HE is my home.  HE is my constant.  Man, do I need that to continually soak in my heart.  

No comments: