Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Birthday My Friend!

Today's is one of my dearest friends BIG birthday!! 
I call her my "oldest friend"  because we have known each since birth.  I mean literally! 
Her mom and my dad grew up together and our families have been friends for generations!  
Laura and I met as babies and have been best friends since!  
It's so fun to have a friend that you really have grown up with! We have such sweet memories together (and maybe some not so sweet ones) 
Laura has gone through a lot in her lifetime and I can honestly say she is one of the strongest people I know!  
Back in June when I went to Florida for vacation Laura was able to leave her hubby and little boy and come spend a couple days at the beach with me. It was so great to have 2 full days together to catch up and relax!  She is one of those friends that even though we don't see each other often we always pick up right where we left off.  You need those kind of friends in life. 

And you might remember when I first blogged about Florida I said I had an interesting trip back home! Well Laura got to be a part of that when the area of Florida we were staying  in decided to have heavy storms and flood on the day I was leaving. It took an old fashioned road map and trying about 5 different routes to miss flood waters to get me to the airport. What should have been about a 1 hour trip took over 3 hours and Laura drove through it all.  It was quite the experience with many stressful and funny moments! Now that is a good friend who will go to great extremes to get her friend on a plane! 

I am so thankful for you Laura!  
Happy Birthday!!!!

No comments: