Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sunday

On Sunday my dad had the opportunity to preach at the Misisonary Alliance Church.  One of the student doctors who volunteers at La Vida, Enrique, was his translator.  
My mom and I were able to hear him preach the first service and then the 2nd service we did the kids program. 
 One of the little girls from Oansa on Saturday brought her postcards with her to church and was so proud of them.  It was really sweet!
 We had about 60 kids in the Sunday School class (with no tables and very little supplies)
 I used the Jesus Storybook bible for all the kids programs I did.  I really love that bible!  I taught the story of David and Goliath at Sunday School
 After the lesson the kids make Gospel crosses.  This is a simple visual representation of the Gospel for the kids to take home (black=sin, red=Jesus's blood, white=holiness in Christ, green=growing in Christ, and gold=Heaven)
 After finishing their crosses, they colored these coloring sheets that my Cape Town teammate/roommate, Perryn designed.  I've loved using these in South Africa and Ecuador
 We finished off the morning with a little singing in English and in Spanish (I have a sweet video that my mom made of the kids singing that I will share one day)

After church all 12 of us who were staying with the Fellers (all the doctors and nurses who came down for surgery week) went out to lunch at this great Ecuadorian restaurant 
 We then piled in the van to travel to the cute little town of Montecristi to explore and do some shopping.  
We first visited this beautiful church in the center of town.  It reminded me of visiting the quaint little town in Mexico that I wrote about in this blog post.  I love that I've gotten to travel and see these little towns in other countries.  
 We walked down the sidewalks and did a little shopping in the stores.  Truthfully all I bought was a coke, a pair of earrings (for $1) and some lounge pants that are the in thing in Ecaudor.  My parents purchased a sweet hammick for their deck. I thought about purchasing one and hanging it wall to wall in my bedroom. That would have been a perfect addition to my NYC apt:-)
 One of the only pictures I have with both parents on this trip
 Dad and Dr. Fellers
 Although I didn't buy a bracelet, I did think they were a beautiful photography subject
 And then I found this little boy and couldn't resist taking his picture
 His sister jumped in for a photo moment as well! 
On the way home we stopped at Sophia's house (I mentioned her in the last post) to meet her.  She really does have a miraculous story.  She wanted a group shot with all her visitors! 
It was a great Sunday that ended with a long walk along the Pacific Ocean and watching the sunset from the Fellers roof! 


No comments: