Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

When the South Meets New Jersey

So last Saturday afternoon 4 of my favs (Krista, Lindsay Ann and the two Hannahs) and I Zip Cared it out New Jersey for some country flavor.  

We did a little tailgating in the parking lot

and then headed into Giants Stadium for this awesome event!  
 The important part of this event is to notice where our seats were. I think they like to call this the nose bleed section of the stadium.  
You can read the whole story HERE on Krista's Blog, but let's just say that through a crazy connection and a random security guard we went from the nose bleed section to being given VIP bracelets to go down to the stage. 
 I mean 50,000 people filled the seats of this stadium and we got to be next to Kenny and Tim! It was so crazy and so fun!!  The closer we got to these 2 fine country legends the more we became 5 screaming girls.
I had so many memories of my college Phi Mu days as Tim and Kenny sang all their great classics.  It was seriously such a fun night.  
It was a great suburban country Saturday with a little Chick Fila, Sonic, and New Jersey crazies added in (believe or not there are rednecks in New Jersey) 
Thankful for a little taste of Southern country in the middle of my northern City life! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic post BG!!! I just got so excited reading it all over again:) LOVED it!