Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Going Away party

I feel like the entire month of October was filled with going away gatherings for me, but the biggest one was hosted by my 2nd family, the Taylors,  one of my last nights in NYC.  
I could go on and on about the Taylors and how wonderful they have been to me.  They really were like my family in NYC.  I started out being their nanny for 6 months when I first moved to the city, but it turned into a friendship and them just being a big part of my life.  Their 3 girls brought so much joy to my life and their family was an incredible blessing to me. 
About 2 years in to me living in NYC Sandi became my mentor and we met regularly.  Over the years she continued to step deeper into my life and really walked through life with me.  She wasn't afraid to tell me when I was being ridiculous, reminded me to hope when I felt hopeless, walked through hard relationships and break-ups with me,  pointed me to truth, was my sounding board for my job, and prayed for me.  When I look back on my years in NYC She and her family were at the top of my list for biggest blessings.  I am thankful that I am still connected to them and that Sandi continues to be committed to my life through this transition.  
Unfortunately my camera broke for the 2nd time while at the party, so I didn't get too many pictures but I tried to snap a few!  I have no idea how many people were present, but it felt like all my worlds in NYC combining and some of my favorite people in the world all being in the same room together.  It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g! 
With Cheri and Tracy.  Cheri and I were in community group together and she was a sweet friend and mentor to me.  Tracy was my boss for 4 years and an amazing mentor/friend as well.  I know I am incredibly blessed to have so many wise Godly women in my life. 
It was a come and go party with great food and great wine.  About half way through the party they had a time of prayer for me.  As I looked around the room of those praying for me I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude.  When I moved to NYC in 2008 with not a single friend I could never have guessed that I would have so many people in my life when I moved away.  I can honestly say I had more friends in NYC than some people probably have in a lifetime.  I invested deeply in people while I was there and was invested in. It was a sweet season of relationships that I wonder if I will ever have anything like it again.  

Kate M, Kate R, and Erica.  
Erica, Min, Kate R, and Kate M.  Erica, Kate M, and Min were all Community Group  girls.  Kate R and I worked together at Redeemer. 
Jodie and John were a sweet couple at Redeemer who were a huge blessing to me and to our ministry in the short season I knew them! 

with Maggie.  Maggie is the friend who got married in Cape Town and I missed her wedding due to the crazy snow storm. I try to forget those crazy days and that I wasn't there to stand beside her when she said I do , but so thankful for her and her husband Mike.
Josh and Hannah live out in the Hamptons but are sweet friends who came into the city often to hang out with our friend group. 
My amazing CM staff team (minus Laura)
Ariane, Regan, Jenni, and Meagan
Hannah D, Lindsay Ann, and Leigh Ann.  Hannah and Lindsay Ann were both 9A roommates and Leigh Ann was an honorary one.  So thankful for these friends!  And thankful that I will get to hang out with them in March at Hannah's wedding!  
with Brent and Jenni!  The Bounds were another 2nd family for me.  I loved working with them and being a part of their lives!
And with Hannah Taylor ( I didn't get pictures with the other 2 at the party) Hannah wrote me multiple notes telling me not to move and made it very clear that she was not ok with the decision. She and her sisters were 3 of the hardest people to say good-bye too (which I mentioned in a previous post) Can't wait for them to hopefully come see me this spring and see my Alabama life.

I wish I had gotten pictures with everyone that was at the party. I felt really loved and thankful the whole evening and will treasure the memories and the people!
Thank you Bill and Sandi for such an amazing going away party!  

post signature

No comments: