Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

That's my pastor!

See the white bald guy on the right bottom corner? Yeah that's my pastor:-)
Tim Keller was asked to speak at the White House prayer breakfast that Obama was hosting on Tuesday morning.  No Matter what our political views are at the moment I just think it's cool that TK had the opportunity to dine with the president of the United States of America.  Although my job and my church feel so normal to me, I do have moments (like Tuesday) where I feel honored to be under the teaching and leadership of Tim Keller. God is using this man in mighty ways.  Not only in Manhattan but around the world. 
 I was interviewing a potential Children's Ministry employee a few weeks ago.  She has recently moved from Scotland and started attending Redeemer.  I asked her how she found out about Redeemer and specifically this job opening and she so politely said in a very serious voice, "I am not sure if you know this but Redeemer is a really famous church".  Thank you lady from Scotland for reminding me that I work at a very famous church. (haha)
My prayer is that TK would have the opportunity to share Christ with Obama and other leaders around the world.  We need Christian leaders now more than ever.  Thankful that God has called Tk to be one of those and that I have the opportunity to learn from him. 

picture from msnbc.com

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love it, can you pull some strings and get Dave a job with him in two years as his apprentice?