Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Katherine Got Married!

Last weekend one of my best friends got MARRIED!  
Katherine and I met my senior year in college when we were both asked to be team leaders on a Summer Beach Project with Campus Outreach.  
We are completely opposite people, but in the 2 months of being roommates in a motel at the beach and doing ministry together we became tight friends.  
8 years later I was honored to stand with her when she said I DO.  
Katherine and I have both been through a lot in the last 8 years, but even though we never lived in the same place again I can honestly say we have walked through life together.  There is never a week we don't talk on the phone. 
She has also made her share of visits to the big apple, which have always brought great adventure. Katherine makes me laugh probably harder than almost anyone.  She has always told me that I need to marry somewhat like her, which I think I agree with.  
She's been a faithful friend and it was fun to be a part of her big day!  
Here's to a big wedding weekend and lots of pictures... 

Thursday night I threw Katherine (along with the help of some other bridesmaids) a bachelorette party
My mom also helped greatly by decorating these cute margarita glasses (gold spray paint and glitter works wonders on cheap party city plastic cups)
 The party started downtown with just the bridesmaids at dinner
 Katherine was full of all kinds of expressions all weekend! You can see true excitement about the weekend:-)
 After dinner we went back to a friend's house to do some more celebrating with more of Katherine's girlfriends! 
The summer we lived together I took a "one of a kind picture" of KK and told her that one day it would return to haunt her.  I thought the bachelorette party would be the perfect time and it would make the perfect centerpiece for the food table.  (hince the reason I'm not going to show you a picture of the cute food table)
Katherine's favorite color is purple, so we used lots of purple for the party.  
Everyone got a purple and white goody bag when they left

 Erin was the dynamic margarita drink maker! 
Katherine got to open lots of fun presents! 
 And per Katherine's request we played lots of fun games!  
On Friday we had the bridesmaid luncheon downtown Greenville at Brick Street Cafe (which is amazing) Here are all the bridesmaids pictured with Katherine (yes, it was a big wedding party:-))


As Katherine gave out the bridesmaids gifts she took a few moments to tell each bridesmaid what she meant to her and why she asked her to be in the wedding.  It was a really sweet time. 
 And we got these awesome bags with our initals....in of course purple! 
After she spoke to each person she gave each of us a "fun" hat from the restaurant hat wall for us to wear.  
All the bridesmaids in our beautiful hats:-)
One of the fun things about the weekend was getting to be in a wedding with several of my close friends from my college/staff days!  It was so fun to get catch up time with friends I see so rarely!  I love how the body of Christ can still stay so connected even when we live miles away (and who knew that 3 of us who lived with Katherine that one SBP would all end up in her wedding...i can guarantee you none of us would have said that in the summer of 05:))

Frances and I go way back.  She discipled me for a short time in college and has been a huge influence in my life ever since. She is also now my unoffical photography coach, since she is an amazing photographer!

Friday night was the rehersal and the rehersal dinner in downtown Greenville. 

The happy couple! 


After dinner the speeches began!  Katherine and Josh are both funny people, so the stories were GREAT!  As I thought about what I wanted to say I realized how many fun, crazy, and sweet moments I have had with Katherine!  She's an easy one to be able to share about! 
 After a fun Friday night it was time to begin the big wedding day! 
Because the wedding day was so busy and we were having so many pictures taken I didn't really take any good pics of the wedding party, but here is one right before the wedding.  Katherine began to get a bit emotional right before it was time for the ceremony, so we were all doing our best to fan her off (smear free make-up is of most importance) the moment when bridesmaids are really useful:-)
The ceremony was beautiful and incredibly Christ centered!  
After the wedding was a very fun reception! 
A toast from the bride and groom
Because it was Katherine's wedding and she is a dancing machine....there was LOTS of dancing! 
It was so fun to connect with Sandy Mahar at the wedding.  I met Sandy my fresman year in college.  Her husband was a doctor in our small college town and she was a sweet mentor for our CO staff girls.  As they grew their family I did quite a bit of baby-sitting for them(She was also great about letting me use her kids for all my child development projects:-)) . And then eventually became their full-time nanny for their 4 small children for a short season when I graduated college(before going on staff).  She was a sweet mentor for me and has influenced me greatly! 
This picture was a group shot of everyone who had ever lived with Katherine.  It's amazing how many roommates one can have when you are single for a longer period of time.  It would be scary to me if I ever did this shot. ha!
I think this might be one of my favorite pics of the night.  Katherine's mom had herself a good time on the dance floor! 
 With the bride!  And yes we are wearing sunglasses on our head. The wedding favor was black sunglasses with neon bands that said "Katherine and Josh". They were a hit on the dance floor!  
 And I think one of my favorite things at the wedding......the photo booth!  Genius idea if I do say so myself.  it provided LOTS of entertainment for kids and adults. And the best part is KK and Josh will get a copy every picture that was taken.  This should provide lots of entertainment for them when they settle down into married life:-)
It was a crazy, busy, and fun wedding weekend!  
Congratulations Katherine and Josh!  

post signature










No comments: