Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amy's Pink and White Shower

Can you tell by my blog post that this is wedding season for me???  I think I've began to lose count of how many showers I've thrown and wedding I've been in.  Thankfully I really enjoy doing it and love celebrating with my friends!
This past weekend we hosted a wedding shower for my close friend Amy at 9A.  Since Amy loves the color pink we decided to do a pink and white shower and asked all the guests to wear "a touch of pink".  It was a beautiful day in so many ways!
the bride with the hosts, Me, Ashley, and Adriana (and thank you to our community group girls for helping out as well)
My mom came into town for the weekend and was able to attend the shower (and was a huge help....as always) Amy and her have gotten to know each other well over the years, so it was special to have her there to celebrate
With Sandi and Abbi.  
Sandi led Amy to the Lord years ago when Amy was in college and now they live 1 block a part. 
Such a special relationship
My mom made this delicious strawberry cake (Thank You Paula Dean)
My friend Maggie owns a popcorn store in the city,  Populence, so we had to have pink popcorn for the occasion!  And my roommate Perryn made the cute tags with Amy's new last name (if you need delicious popcorn or cute tags, invations, etc you should contact these girls. They are both great at what they do!)
Instead of  playing a traditional shower game, Adriana had us put together a book of pictures and memories for Amy.  It will be a special keepsake for her and was special for us to be able to remininsce.


 








Amy's roommate, Ashley, is an amazing decorator and event planner, so she did all the decorations.  (really, if you live in NYC and are throwing a party you should hire her)
It was a simple and elegant shower with lots of pink and white decorations and pink and white food
Since Amy will be leaving us when she gets married (that's a whole other blog topic) we took some time to go around the room and share what we have learned from Amy, funny memories, stories, etc.  It was a really special time and showed how much Amy has impacted many people in this city. 
This picture below is a caption of a funny story being told:-)
All the girls from our community group through the years who were able to attend the shower
 
And a group picture from the beautiful day!
I am so sad I am losing my best friend in this city, but am excited for the way the Lord has brought Corey into Amy's life and the new chapter of marriage they will begin together
It was a special day of celebrating the bride to be! 
Looking forward to a few more celebrations in the coming weeks! 

post signature
 

No comments: