Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Story of 4 Friends

12 years ago when I was a senior in high school my parents asked me to go on a Campus Outreach Retreat with some students from the school where I would be attending college.  I went with much hesistancy, but I followed the parents orders and I went.  On that day I did not know I would meet 2 of my dearest friends, Heather and Colette.  

A few months went by and it was finally freshmen move-in day.  Colette and Samm just happened to be there to help me move in to my college dorm.  

For the next 2 years these 3 women would pour into my life in many different ways.  They showed me Jesus and they helped me see my need for Him. Heather and I lived together my sophomore year and her senior year.  She brought out the crazy in me and we had lots of good times!  In those 2 years I have so many memories with these 3 women.  

In 2003 the time came for Heather and Colette to graduate and Samm to move to Minnneapolis to help launch CO up there.  Before we departed ways we took a road trip to the NC coast to see Heather's family.  On this trip we went camping on a deserted island and to this day we can't talk about that trip without laughing hysterically.  It was a trip of many memories and probably consisted of one of the most miserable nights any of us have experienced. I don't think any of us will forget it!  

Time went on.  Heather moved to China, Samm was in Minnesota, Colette went on staff with CO in Clinton and I finished college.  I soon joined Colette on staff and we lived together in a tiny town in SC. Through these years we all remained friends and connected in pieces.  Samm got married and we were all there.  

In 2008 I moved to NYC and soon after Colette got married.  It was the first time the 4 of us got extended time together since 2003 and we were reminded how special our friendships were.  We decided that year we would do our very best to have reunions every 2 years.  

In 2010 we gathered for a reunion in Dallas and it was amazing.  You can read about it here.  2 years went by and it was time for another reunion, so Heather and I flew to Minneapolis this past September.  Unfortunately Colette was unable to join us.  When we gathered in September Heather was dating a guy, but who knew only a few months later they would be getting married!!

So finally 3 years later the 4 of us were able to have another reunion at Heather's wedding! Samm, Colette, and I all flew in to Dallas early Friday morning and had an amazing weekend celebrating the bride.
It really was such a sweet weekend together.  The 4 of us are not great at keeping in touch, but when we get together we just connect.  We laugh really hard, we talk, we pray, and we just enjoy each other! 
I know friendships are a gift and I never want to take them for granted.  I am thankful for these women and for the covenant of friendship they have given me over the years.
They know me well, make me laugh, and point me towards Jesus!  
Our lives are very different. We live in 4 different parts of the country, Samm has 2 kids, Colette is preganant with her 2nd, Heather just got married, and me... well I'm just doing my crazy life. But our friendship is spcial and for that I am thankful! 
It was a quick weekend away, but so very fun! 
Stay tuned for another post about the actual wedding celebration with pictures other than my iphone pics!



No comments: