Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Blakester


I probably say this a lot, but life has been so full lately. March has been a huge blur and I can't believe it's almost April.  On top of some big work events the beginning of the month, I had was out of town for 10 days seeing family and taking a "study week" for work, and then came back to the city to have 6 cousins come for 5 days to visit! 
All that to say the blog has been neglected.  
Before I forget I want to post these cute pictures of the Blakester that I took while in Alabama.  

She and I had a little date to Chuckie Cheese one morning.  The girl loved it and caught on to the whole ticket thing real fast.  Of course you collect all these tickets and then you get a couple items of "junk" to take home with you. It was definitely a highlight and she only asked to go back about every single time we got in the car the next few days.  
I'm in a photography class right now and thought I could use MB for my subject for an assignment, but quickly realized when I got down there that she's 2.5 and not the easiest photography subject right now.  I did manage to snap a few cute pics on the porch while she was blowing bubbles.  

Every time I spend time with the Blakester she is a little more fun and a little cuter than the time before.  I know I'm partial but man is she a cute kid.  She is so full of life, talks non stop, sings constantly, and just really embraces each day and lives to the fullest.

I love that she said "Aunt B" about 50 times a day while I was there. Every now and then she would come up to me and give me a little hug and say "I missed you B. I missed you so much".  She knows the words to so many songs and can sing most of the words of "10,00 Reason (Bless the Lord), which is so cute.  
It's so fun to see the changes in her each time I see her and watch her really began to grasp more of the world around her.  She is super smart and takes in so much information and then at the most random times will say something that you know she heard hours/days before.   

It's hard for me that I live so far away and see her so little, but thankfully each time we see each other it's like in her mind she saw me yesterday.  
I'm so thankful for the time I do get to spend with the Blakester and look  forward to continuing to watch her little personality grow and change.  God definitely chose one of the happiest, sweetest kids for Cat and G!  

post signature

No comments: