Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Last Day at the Office

The day I interviewed at Redeemer in February of 2008 I went and sat in this pizza shop and dreamed about my life in this city.  It was in this pizza shop that I really knew that God was leading me to NYC.  It sounds crazy to say, but Pronto Pizza on the corner of Broadway and 36th Street has meant a lot to me since that day.  On my way to work my last day at the office I went into to this pizza shop one last time to remember where it all began and to let myself reminisce about the last 6 years. 
My time at 1359 Broadway was such life changing season for me.  Although there were many hard days and frustrating moments, there were also so many moments of joy and fun! I learned so much working at Redeemer.  It was a privilege to be on the staff of Tim Keller and to be surrounded by people who were committed to the Gospel going forth in this very secular and influential city.  Redeemer really is such a unique church and I'm realizing even more now that my time there has taught me things that I will take with me for the rest of my life. 

Because NYC has very little space we worked in very close quarters.  I often referred to our work area as "the cattle pen" b/c I often felt like cattle who were herded into a pen. I worked with so many different people in this area, some of whom became some of my closest friends.  It was hard to get any work done b/c there was always someone to talk to or to goof off with:-) I had days where I would be working in this area and I would hear music from below and it would be a famous person singing at Herald Square. There was definitely never a dull moment in this office! 
On my last day Kate and I had some fun with the famous Raccoon Head (like I said there were always people to have fun with:-))

And I had to take a pic with my favorite porter, Rafael! 

It was really sad to leave this office for the last time, but will always treasure the memories from my years at 1359 Broadway! 
post signature

No comments: