Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

One Year Later....

One year ago today my sis, bro-in-law, and the Blakester face timed me on a random Tuesday afternoon.  Not that it's totally abnormal for them to face time as MB and I use to do it on a regular basis when I lived in NYC, but for whatever reason when I saw all 3 of their faces I knew this call was different!  
It only took a few moments for them to get out the words that they would soon be on their way to pick up twin baby girls! It was all a blur but from the moment they found out to the moment they picked up these twin girls it was only about 24 hours!  
Most people have 9 months some people have 24 hours:-) 
It's hard to believe that my sis and bro-in-law have twins!  It's amazing how God works and that when he decides to give he often gives abundantly! Their story has been a crazy one for sure, but man is it a picture of God's deep love, care, and faithfulness.  He knew these baby girls were theirs before they were formed in their birth mothers womb, He was with their birth mother when she made that difficult and brave decision to give these girls to Cat and G, and He has been with them every step of the way this past year!  

One year later it's hard to imagine life without them.  Their actual one year birthday is on March 20th so we had a little party for them on that day
In a short (or maybe long) 12 months they went from tiny little preemies to spunky little 1 year olds with very different, unique, and fun personalities!   


Although I haven't blogged as much about them as I did with MB I have LOVED my time with them over the last few months I've lived in Birmingham.  They are at such a fun age now and you can't help but experience joy when you are with them.  
You can see from the picture below that life is quite busy for my sis and bro-in-law and I'm thankful I get to be in the middle of it now!  

Here's to you Anna and Ruthie!  
Happy 1st Birthday and Happy Gotcha Day!  
You are both gifts from the Lord and I pray that the Lord would use your beautiful and unique stories in the years to come and that you would always be a blessing to everyone you encounter!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this Bethany!!! And I loved your last post about finding a best friend in Jesus. That has been happening here too, I just realize more than ever before what a FRIEND we have in Jesus. It's so amazing. I had just told Mark right before you wrote that last post that I wish everyone in the world could truly experience Jesus as a best friend. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling God's rich presence. Continuing to pray for your deep rootedness and joy in Bham too!!