Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Living for Eternity

My great uncle went to be with Jesus today.  Since both of my grandfather's passed away before I was born he was the only grandfather type figure i've had in my life.  As my dad was keeping me updated on his final breaths I couldn't help but think a lot about what it would be like to be welcomed in to the arms of Jesus.  My great uncle was 94 years old, knew Jesus as his savior, and lived a very full life.  He went home peacefully  knowing where he was going.  

So what was it like for him?  What it is like to go home?  I was talking to a friend this week who is going through immense suffering.  As I listened to her wrestle with the pain she and her family are walking through I began to question what we all question in suffering, "Why God?"  Why does she have to walk through this? Why are you not answering prayers the way we want them to be answered?  Why is the pain getting worse?  This world can feel so incredibly cruel sometimes and in those moments it can feel like the brokenness that we live in will never go away.  But that's where hope comes into play.  The hope that we have in Jesus that one day it will end.  One day the sorrows and pains will be no more.  


I know I don't long for Heaven like I should.  I don't think about it enough, and I don't live my life often enough like this is not my home.  I often live in fear and anxiety of what tomorrow is going to bring, I don't enjoy watching the news because I want to hide from all that is going on around the world.  Every time I turn around someone else is getting cancer or I'm hearing a tragic story that has happened in someones life.  It can at times completely overwhelm me.   I know I can't hide.  I know I can't pretend like it's not happening, and most importantly I know I can't question God.  But I can pray, I can trust God, I can believe that He really is in control and that nothing is happening out of his plan, and I can live in the hope of eternity.  I think about the life of the saints in the Bible.  There is a reason  that Hebrews 12 says to fix our eyes on Jesus as we run the race.  All throughout the Bible we are reminded to set our mind on eternal things and to not lose heart.  I think about what the disciples went through for Jesus.  The suffering that so many have and are experiencing.  I think about the ones who are being persecuted for their faith.  On earth the darkness can overwhelm, but ultimately there is hope.  And my uncle got to experience the result of that Hope today.  If Jesus is your savior there is a promise  it.will.end.  And eternity will be better than we could ever imagine.  


As I think about running the race in this life I want to run with my eyes on Jesus savoring Him above anything else in this world.  I want to live like this world is not my home. I want to be a light in darkness.  To encourage others as they walk through suffering to look up and see God's got this.  He really does even if it doesn't seem like it.  

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Revelation 7:15-17


“they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.  Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd. ‘he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.


One day there will be no more hunger, no more thirst, and every tear will be wiped away from every eye.  My uncle is experiencing that today.  After a long life of joys and sorrows he is experiencing the radiance of Glory on his face.  When I think about that it makes me want to run with perseverance and not let my hope waiver. 

The words of "10000 Reasons" came to mind several times this week.  I want to be able to sing these words no matter what comes my way or when my time to go to Heaven is.  I know that worshipping the Holy name of Jesus is worth it.  It may not always seem like it but deep down I know that it is.  So I pray that if you are reading this that you would be challenged to live for the one who will wipe away your tears one day and will fulfill every promise that He has ever spoken!  There is so much hope if you believe in Jesus Christ and one day it will all be worth it.  


"And on that day when my strength is failing. The end draws near and my time has come Still my soul will sing Your praise unending Ten thousand years and then forevermore. 

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul. Worship His holy name Sing like never before O my soul I'll worship Your holy name"

1 comment:

SabrinaGreen said...

This is very useful information for all the users. Heathrow Terminal 4 Parking