Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Celebrating with Family

It's been fun for me to blog about Dustin and my story.  If you want to read the whole thing start HERE and go forward.  

So I left off in my last blog post at the look out where Dustin asked to marry me.  After spending many moments enjoying this special night he asked me if I wanted to go back to my apt to start calling people.

What he didn't tell me was that my family and his family would be there wanting for us.  I can't tell you the joy and surprise I felt to see the people who mean the most to us standing in the room waiting to celebrate with us.  
It was one of the surreal moments where all the prayers and desires our families had prayed and hoped for us came to fruition and it was now time to celebrate.






I've had very specific prayers as I've prayed for my wedding over the last several years, one of them being that I would have the opportunity to plan a wedding with my mom and sister.  It was fun to realize on this night that prayer had been answered and it was time to start planning!  
My nieces had no idea what was going on, but they LOVE Dustin so I think they were ok with this night of celebration (despite what their faces might say:-))!  

We opened some fun gifts, ate some food, and celebrated this special night.  
Although everyone else had time to process that we were getting engaged, I was still taking in that I had just happened!  Dustin told me he felt a hug sigh of relief because he had been keeping this secret for about about 3 weeks since he had asked my parents.  
It was also super fun to call and text some of our friends and have them celebrate with us!  I loved hearing their excitement (and some tears) as they celebrated all that the Lord had done to bring us to this place.  
I went to bed that night with the fullest heart (and maybe staring at my ring just a little) and could not stop praising God for the way he brought us to this place.  I really believe our story is a sweet story of God's faithfulness to us in our in our singleness, in our waiting, in our dating, and now in our engagement.  

And now we are engaged and planning a wedding.  It's been 2.5 months since that day and such a fun (and busy) season.  In some ways we are counting down the days until we get married and in other ways we are wanting to soak up every moment of engagement.  I want to embrace the gift of this season God has given us and also prepare for what God has next!  
October 29th will be here before we know it!  
So that's the completion of my blog entries on our story, although in many ways our story is just beginning and I have much more to write.  

Here's to a new season and much more to come...

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany, I've followed your blog from NZ for a while (since your NYC days - somehow found it via Kari Jo Cates). I've been aware of and prayed with the longing of your heart as it echoed my own and I am so pleased for you in this exciting time now!! Congratulations and may the next stage of your lives together be blessed and fruitful. Rachel

SabrinaGreen said...

It is very nice to celebrate your special days with your family and loved ones. Valet Parking Heathrow