Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Fairhope Shower

Our last shower before the big day was in Fairhope, the town where I grew up!  
It was hosted by some of my mom's best friends, all women from our church who have known me since I was a little girl.  
(L-R) Theresa, Kim, Debbie, Peggy, me, Barbara
I think what was so fun and so special about this shower was that it was a celebration with people who have known me for so many years.  The room was filled with women who have been some of my parents closest friends, my teachers, bible study leaders, families I baby-sat their children, and the list goes on.  These women have prayed for me for so many years.  It was such a special time to now have them celebrate this answered prayer.  
Like every other shower, I took very few pictures but the house was full of so many women who have impacted my life.   
I mentioned Laura in my engagement party post, but it was so fun to have her at this shower as well.  
And the nieces love her!  

I felt so loved and celebrated by all the people who came and showered me with gifts.  It was such a fun and special morning.  

This shower was at the beginning of wedding month and was our last shower before the wedding!  
If you can't tell from all the posts, it was a whirlwind of parties!  
I honestly couldn't get over the fact that so many people wanted to celebrate us.  In 2 months time we connected with so many friends and family and were able to celebrate this season with many of the people who mean the most to us.  
I will always treasure that season.  It was crazy busy and lots of travel, but it was also super fun and incredibly special.  I dreamed about this time for so long, I prayed that one day an invitation would have my name on it, and by the end of the wedding I had a bulletin board by my door filled with invitations.  Looking at that board reminds me that the Lord really does hear those quiet prayers that are prayed from our heart.  

I came back to Fairhope with less than a month before the big wedding.  It was filled with lots of last minute details and getting everything ready for the big day.  

Next up:
Wedding Week!  





post signature

No comments: