Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Bridesmaid's Lunch

I feel like I'm working my way through wedding blog post ever so slowly.  I want so much to document every moment, yet life and marriage have been so busy that sitting down to reflect on this week has been hard to do.  Slowly I'm going to make it through this wedding that now was four months ago! How is that even possible?  

Ok, the bridesmaids luncheon!  


Getting to celebrate my bridesmaids and this weekend with these girls was just so special and surreal. My sweet co-worker and friend, Mary Branch, hosted the lunch at her house with the help of my brother-in-law's mom, Bertie. They made the entire thing so special and served us a delicious lunch!  
I really tried to think through the time I had with these ladies and wanted to make it special.  
After we ate lunch we sat around the living room and I had the opportunity to share with them.  I decided to choose a verse for each one of them that I was praying for them.  I asked an artist friend at church to paint the verse I chose for each bridesmaid on a pice of wood.  I took the time to share with each one why I chose the verse and told them I wanted to commit to praying that verse for them this year.  They turned out really neat and was a keepsake for them to have in their home.  
In addition to the verse I gave them each a monogrammed bag, a monogrammed tumbler, and earrings for the big day.  
It was a really special time together
Front Row: Kelli, Laura, Bethany, Colette, and Katherine
Back Row: Catherine, Samm, Amy, and Heather
In addition to celebrating my bridesmaids, I had the opportunity to celebrate my mom and mother-in-law.  I gave them both a verse that I chose for them, as well as mother of the bride and mother of the groom coffee mugs with our wedding date!  I felt like they were going to need lots of coffee the next day:-)  
I was also so thankful that my aunt and cousins from Minnesota were able to arrive in Birmingham for the lunch.  It was so special to have them there for all the celebrations leading up to the wedding.  

And I couldn't leave out the Blakester.  Although I felt like a bridesmaid's lunch might be too much for the 2 year old flower girls, Mary Blake did receive an invitation and was a part of the special day.
She loved getting to sit at the bridesmaid's table and helped me hand out gifts to everyone! 
It was a beautiful fall day and really was the kind of bridesmaid's luncheon I had always dreamed of when I thought about my wedding.  It definitely went by fast, but I tried my hardest to soak it all in. I just felt so humbled and so honored to have these women beside me.  They had prayed so long for this season to come for me and now that it was here it was a sweet celebration for all of us!  
Thank you Mary and Bertie for hosting such a beautiful luncheon!  



post signature

No comments: