Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

The Rehearsal Dinner

Our rehearsal was held Friday evening at the church where we got married, Covenant Presbyterian Church.  It was honestly so easy and so much fun! I wanted to pinch myself that this day had finally come and we were practicing walking down the aisle!  
After our rehearsal, Dustin's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. 
If you know Dustin you know this was a perfect spot to host the dinner.  He and his family LOVE sports, and especially love Alabama football.  
It was the perfect set up and just an amazing evening!  
Dustin's mom and her best friend Regina (who was also our florist) did an amazing job setting up and decorating for the dinner.  Everything was so personal and just so great! 
Dustin's dad welcomed everyone, prayed for the meal, and got the evening started! 

The one request Dustin had for the rehearsal dinner was that we had BBQ, so his parents had Full Moon BBQ catered!  We had lots of out of town family, friends, wedding party in for the dinner so it was the perfect way to introduce them to some southern bbq!
 


After dinner Dustin's Best Man, Drew, opened up a time of sharing. 
It was a really special time with some of the people who know us and love us the most!  

 
After people had a time to share Drew closed with a time of prayer.  He invited those who felt led to come and lay a hand on us as he prayed.  It was so special!  


 

We closed the evening by going in the theatre and watching a slideshow of pictures that Dustin put together of our story.  You can watch the slideshow HERE
We missed getting a picture of the Belue family, but I love this photo of the Griffith side (the flower girls needed their beauty sleep before the big day, so they went home after rehearsing)

Although it's dark, I love the picture below that Katherine snapped of Dustin and I saying good-bye for the last time before our wedding day! I was so at peace on this night and just so excited! The man and the day I had prayed for so many years was finally here.  I just felt (and continue to feel) so thankful!  I said good-bye to him and told him that I would be the one in the white dress tomorrow! 
My bridesmaids took me home to get rest before the big day!  
Next up:
Wedding Day!  



post signature

No comments: