Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Wedding Day - Getting Ready


Our wedding day was the perfect day!  
The weather was beautiful with blue skies and in the 70s!  
 
Our wedding was held at Covenant Presbyterian Church.  It was the same church my sister and brother-in-law got married in.  
My wedding dress was the first dress I tried on.  It was honestly a random find as my sister and I were on our way to meet with my photographer and needed to kill some time.  We ran in to Bella's Bridal and I saw this dress hanging up.  It was a designer sample sale and was about 4 sizes too big.  I tried it on anyways and fell in love!  After forcing myself to try on a few more dresses, calling the parents, and talking to the alteration lady my sister and I decided this was the one! I loved it so much!  

 My sister had fun cups made for all of us for the wedding weekend!  we had so much fun hanging out in the bridal room and getting ready together.  One of my sweet NYC friend, Jenni Bounds, came and did everyone's make up.   I had gotten my hair and make-up done earlier at a salon.  
I love this picture of my jewelry.  My diamond earrings, engagement ring, and the pearl necklace my grandmother gave me. Each year until she passed away she gave me a new pearl for my necklace.  My sister wore it in her wedding and I wore it in mine.  

 


Dustin and I wrote letters to each other to read before we got married.  Dustin wrote his to me with old fashioned pen and ink.  


It was so special to wear my mom's veil.  One of the pictures I really wanted was of her and I holding a picture of her wearing the same veil.  
Dustin and his groomsmen started the day with breakfast together before heading to the church to get ready.  Our wedding party did a good job ensuring we didn't see each before it was time!



 Since our wedding was not until 5PM we had a great day with our wedding party getting ready, spending time together, and taking photos! 




post signature

No comments: