Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ecuador

Tomorrow I board a plane for Ecuador.  In some ways it feels like I have been planning for this trip for months and in some ways it has completely snuck up on me. I can't get over how fast the summer has gone by.  Life has been full.  Between so much traveling, work, trying to start a photography business, friends, new volunteer commitments, and now a mission's trip I feel like I have  blinked and tomorrow is here.

I'm packed and I'm ready, but in many ways I feel so unprepared. Maybe I wish I was a little more prepared, but then again I am thankful I serve a God I can completely depend on. A God who will lead the way and whose grace is sufficient for me in my weakness.

I am excited about these next 10 days.  I am excited to partner with the Fellers. I am excited to minister alongside my parents.  I am excited to be leading so many kids clubs for the children and training times for the Children's Ministry staff and volunteers.  I am excited to use the gifts and experiences the Lord has given me and to prayerfully be a blessing to the beautiful people in Ecuador.  I know I will learn a lot.  I pray I will be humbled and will soak up every day with the people I meet.  I pray I will be a light and blessing in every way.  I am thankful this trip is not up to me.  God is in control and He has a plan for this trip.  May he use me in the ways that he chooses!

"He gives power to the faint and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall be faint and weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
Isiah 40:29-31



No comments: