Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Joanna and Asa's wedding

You might remember me posting about the shower I helped throw for Joanna and then a little sneak peak of the wedding here, but I have wanted to post more pictures from this wedding weekend for awhile.  

Amy, Robyn, Katherine, and myself were asked to be in the House Party for Joanna and Asa's wedding.  We have all been in a fellowship group together for quite some time and all traveled to South Africa together for the mission's trip in November. (except for Robyn who is from SA) We have a special friendship, so it was incredibly special to travel to San Antonio to be a part of this wedding weekend.  
 I have to say that I think this wedding weekend was one of my favorite wedding weekends ever.  From the wonderful hospitality of Joanna's family, to the beatiful settings of every wedding event, to the delicious food we ate all weekend, to the special wedding ceremony, to the great dancing at the reception it was just an amazing weekend! Best of all I feel like we really got to spend time with the bride (which is not always the case when you are in a wedding)
 The Rehersal dinner was on a rooftop overlooking the Alamo.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  
Fitting for a Texas wedding Asa gave all the groomsmen hats!  
 With the sweet couple
 After the rehersal dinner we walked down the famous River Walk.  My dad has gone to San Antonio a bunch for work and every single time he takes a picture with this bear and texts me a picture. Don't ask me why.....it's just his thing:-)  Well of course when he knew I would be in San Antonio he asked me to look for "his bear".  Indeed I did, although I'm sure people thought it was little strange for a girl in a cocktail dress on a Friday night to be taking a picture with a large stuffed bear.  He is kind of cute right? 
 The beautiful bride and groom
 I thought this was a creative idea.  They wrote the seating arrangements on a large antique looking mirror.  It was very elegant.  
 Amy and I
 So I don't ever blog about food (it's just not my thing) but these cupcakes were AMAZING.  They did a cupcake tower instead of the traditional wedding cake and it was delicious!  Joanna let us try the cupcakes when we first arrived in San Antonio and then I think I ate 2 or maybe even 3 more at the reception.  I blame it on the fact that I was burning so many calories dancing and was extra hungry, but really they were just that good!  

 The flower girl and ring bearer fell asleep by the dance floor. Joanna and Asa both use to be producers at ABC News (that is where the met) and this sweet scene actually made it on Good Morning America's "play of the day"  You can watch it here
 There was some amazing dancing at the reception.  Gotta love some good dancing at a wedding!  
 But like all good things they must come to an end.  This is where we said good-bye to Joanna as she started her new life with Asa.  
And now the newly-weds are living in Virginia and we miss them greatly in NYC!  

I know I have said this many times to anyone who has ever been around me, but I love Joanna and Asa's story.  I had the opportunity to live and work with Joanna during good and hard times of their journery, but as I walked through it all with her I had the great privideldge of seeing the Lord work.  He really does bless those who obey him, who surrender, who wait, who let him be in control.  Their story was not easy, but like many hard things in life it allows us to see the Lord's sweet faithfulness to his children.  

Thank you Joanna and Asa for hosting such a wonderful wedding weekend!

No comments: