Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

March through the Lens of the Iphone

I know April is almost over but I didn't want to forget to post some hightlights from March.  It was an incredibly busy month with not much time for blogging.  

The month started with my friends Daniela and Daniel getting married in New Jersey.  
Daniela was in my original community group and Daniel and I work together so both of my worlds collided for this wedding.  
The OG (original group) all helped with various aspects of the wedding, which was so fun.
I know i've talked about these girls on the blog before many times, but man am I thankful for them. The group has shrunk over the last couple years due to marriages and moves, but thankfully we all still try to stay connected with each others lives.  I really cannot imagine my life in NYC without this community.
 It was a special day celebrating these 2 with good food, friends, and lot of dancing!
 The next week was my friend Erin's birthday, so we celebrated at a cool bar downtown.
(katherine, me, Adriana, Erin, Misty, and Meredith (who accidently got cropped out))
The next week I went on a 10 day trip to the south which started with a few days of vacation in Birmingham with the Blakester. 
 I took her to Chuckie Cheese one morning, which was a blast
 We made sensory stations, which was a whole new world for her.
 and I took her to Chick Fil A for a dinner date.
It was a sweet few days with my favorite 2 year old
 After leaving Birmingham I spent a fun weekend in Charlotte before heading to the mountains to spend a "study week" at my parents mountain house.
It was a quiet environment to spend some time evaluating, praying, goal setting and planning for Children's Ministry.  
 My parents house is for sale now, so I feel like I have to soak up these days (which by the way if you know someone looking for a beautiful mountain house in the Bue Ridge mountains of NC let me know:))
 Before I flew back to the city I made a stop back in Charlotte to meet baby Graham Sylvestre
 and I was finally introduced to the famous "what a burger" in Mooresville.  Had my first Cherry Lemon sundrop and I will never be the same:-)
 Seeing Amy with a baby reminds me how fast life can change.  This time last year she was engaged but still living life in NYC. One year later she is married, lives in NC, and has a baby.  I'm excited for her new life, but I still miss her friendship in the city!  Thankfully we've learned to become phone friends
 The day after my trip to Al/NC  my cousins from Minnesota came to visit for 5 days!  It was so fun having them here and introducing them to my NYC life
 They went all over the city sightseeing while I was at work and then I met up with them each evening to hang out.

 One of the porters at my office building who I've become friends with took us up to the roof to give them a good view of the city.
Up close and personal with the Empire State Building
 I work in Herald Square (by Macys) Looking down on the green in this picture is where the center of the Macy's Parade takes place (where all the broadway musicals perform for the parade) It was a cloudy day, but still fun to get a view from above

 My Cousins with Rafael (who took us to the roof)
After dinner at Carmines and showing them my office, and some of Time Square my younger cousin Kimberly and I went to see Matilda on Broadway.  It was great!
 On their last morning in the city we went to my favorite breakfast spot, Alice's Tea Cup.
It was so great having family in the city.  They definitely win the award for walking the most and being great city troopers!

In addition to all the other things going on in March, there were a few fun parties to attend.
We had a superhero party at work for a colleage, Chris, who moved away.  
 And one of my friends hosted a really fun party for West Siders one night at her apt.
March ended with the completion of the photography course I was taking and learning how to do studio photography
It was such a busy month, but one that was filled with lots of fun moments! 
post signature

No comments: