Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life Lately in Pictures

The last few months have been a blur.  An all over the place kind of blur. Because of that blogging has not been on the radar and there is so much that hasn't been documented.  I'll never be able to catch up in the way that I would like so for now I'll do a sampling of my life since May.   

Let's start with the beginning of May when two of my super close friends, Kelli and PD, came to visit me.  I've talked about Kelli and PD a lot on this blog. They are some of my favorite people and it was so great to have them here.  It was their 6 year anniversary and they decided to spend it in NYC.  I was the 3rd wheel most of the weekend but I had a blast being the 3rd wheel with them.  
Friday night I took them to Brooklyn to eat at this cool mexican restaurant and then we went to Brooklyn Pharmacy for dessert.
On Saturday we went down to the Freedom Tower and ate lunch at Shake Shak.  
After this adventure I had to leave them to go to a work event and they spent the rest of the day celebrating their anniversary with a trip to the Statue of Liberty.  
It was a quick weekend with them, but really great to have them here!
 The last weekend in May I flew down to Alabama to meet my newest nieces Ruthie and Anna.  It was great to spend time with them and the Blakester and be with family for a few days.  

May ended with a broadway show with friends. We went to see If/Then with Indina Menzel. 
June was a stressful month with my living situation and a few other things, but in the middle of it I also had some fun.
Erin and I and took a short road trip to Cold Springs, a little town about 1 hour outside the city.  We ate brunch at this super cute place, had the best ice cream I think I've ever had in my life, and spent some time sitting by the river reading and talking. It was super relaxing day ending with a trip to Target. 
I ended the month with my trip to the Gospel Coaltion Conference in Florida.
 July started with my parents coming to NYC for a week.  We stayed busy and even left the city for a little Connecticut road trip. We Spent the night in Mystic (home of the famous Mystic Pizza) which was really peaceful and fun.  While in the city we went to see Les Miserables on broadway, which was fabulous!  



 We made the trek downtown to see the Macy's Firework Show.  This picture does nothing for how amazing the show was.  We ended up having perfect seats with the barges that were shooting the fireworks being directly in front of us.  It was definitely one of those moments when I realized how cool life here can be.  

We played tourist one day and went row boating in Central Park, which was a lot of fun.  
It was great having them here and felt like a little vacation for me, even though I was working here and there in the midst of their stay. 
 The day after they left my friends Erin and Neil came to the city to celebrate their one year anniversary.  It was fun having them here and playing tourist with them a little bit.  
We went to see the Braves play the Mets. Go Braves! 
And of course we spent some time in Time Square
For some reason I got no pictures of Neil, but he was actually here with Erin.  Erin's come to the city to see me a coupe times, so it was for her to come and bring her husband. 
 Along with company, I've had lots of times with my NY friends.
A group of us went to see "A Gentlemen's Guide To Love and Murder" one night.  It won best musical at the Tony's and we've been dying to see it.  Although some loved it, it was not my favorite show.
I've had lots of evenings by the river eating dinner with friends or taking walks
and gotten really sweet time with my OG (old community group)
 These girls are seriously my lifeline in this city.  I'm really thankful for each of them and the ways our very different personalities all work together to make a unique friend group.
Outdoor movies are a big thing here in the city in the summer.  I gathered a group of my friends together one night to watch Gravity on top of the Intrepid.  It was an amazing experience watching that movie on top of a battleship in the Hudson River with the city skyline behind us

I got to see Keith Urban up close and personal at the Good Morning America summer stage.  I was on a morning run in Central Park and decided to stop in for a few minutes and hear a couple tunes.  Definitely one of those New York moments!  
The summer has also been filled with some good-byes.  
We had our last "dinner club" with the 5 of us a couple weeks ago as Hanna V just moved to Nasheville this week. 
I look at this picture and so many years and memories come flooding back.  I've lived with all these girls (except for Leighann, who is an honorary 9A roommate) for different periods of time.  I met LA and Hannah V my first week in the city. I don't think I appreciated how great it was living with each one of them until I look at this picture and miss our days in 9A together.  Thankfully everyone else is still in the city for now and our dinner club will still continue.  
(Hannah V, LeighAnn, Lindsay Ann, Hannah D, me, and Rosie)
 And then this past Sunday Erin, Misty and I realized it was our last time for the 3 of us to be together for at least 9 months.  With different traveling schedules and Misty soon leaving for a 9 month cruise (to perform), our hang out time together is on pause for awhile. I'll really miss these days of doing life in the city together. 

 In the middle of all the good friend time I do have a job!  And VBS was in the middle of July.  VBS is a huge event in Children's MInistry and is a lot of work, but it really is so fun to see so many kids worshipping Jesus and learning about Him!  


 We partnered with a non profit in the city, Operation Exodus, to raise money for them.  We decided to fill up an aligator with "money crayons" and each time a child brought in $ they got to feed a crayon with their name and dollar amount to the aligator.  The idea worked and by the end of the week the aligator was completely full and we had almost doubled our goal!  I think it was my favorite part of the week seeing our kids learn about serving others and giving to others.  

It's been on my bucket list for awhile to go to Coney Island.  It's one of those places that I've talked about going to, but never made the trek until a couple weeks ago when a group of friends made a day of it.  
Coney Island really is "old New York" and such an interesting place filled with every kind of person you could ever imagine.  We spent some time walking along the boardwalk, eating lots of junk, riding a couple rides, and just enjoying the interesting scenery that was around us.



So now July is over, August is here, and I have more company in town!  
 As much as I try to soak up every day of summer in the city, it goes by crazy fast!  Thankfully, for the most part, it's been a really fun summer and I've been able to make the most of these few months of warm, beautiful weather!  

post signature

No comments: