Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

It Was A Good One.....

It's hard to believe as Labor Day weekend comes to an end that summer is really over. This past winter was so incredibly cold and hard that I decided I was going to soak up every little bit of summer and warm weather that I possibly could.  After 3 months of summer I can officially say it was a good one!  
It was filled with so much outdoor time and memories with friends that I wish I could hold on to it for a little bit longer. Since all good things must come to an end I thought I would make a little scrapbook of pictures to celebrate my summer days(I realize that some of these pictures are already on the blog but I wanted them in one post). 
In no particular order here was my summer...
A week in the mountains at my parents house soaking up this view
Lots of time with the Blakester and some good old fashioned Coce a Cola 
A little NYC reunion with two of my closest NYC friends who have both moved away, Joanna and Amy. And of course got lots of time with baby Graham (amy's little boy)

Spent a day in Brooklyn Bridge Park with Katherine, Misty, Erin, Meredith, Roma (the dog)

Had front row seats to the 4th of July Macy's firework show with my parents

Neil and Erin came to town for a week and we went to a Braves vs Mets game. (you can guess who we cheered for:-)) 

Spent a day at Coney Island with Holly, Katherine, Robyn, Amanda, and Misty

Spent lots of time with some of my favorite little girls and made a sign for my friend Heather who was doing the NYC Tri 

Spent a week in Orange Beach with these beach babes

Spent lots of time at one of my favorite spots on the Hudson River

Had a little work reunion with my old team. Will always treasure my years working with these 3!
Amy, Tracy, and Joanna

Went to a Yankees Game

did some bike riding in Brooklyn Bridge Park

Played tourist in Central Park over the 4th of July weekend and did row boats

watched Keith Urban peform for Good Morning America in Central Park

Had a couple dinner dates with this little dinner club and said good-bye to Hannah and Rosie.
(Hannah V, Leighann, Lindsay Ann, Hannah D, and Rosie)

Watched one of my best friends from college do the NYC Tri
Go Heather!  

Soaked up every moment I could on the Gulf of Mexic during my week at Orange Beach

Put my gym membership on hold for 2 months and spent lots of morning and evenings running along the Hudson River

Had an OG reunion (Old Community Reunion) with these friends
Daniela, Robyn, Joanna, Amy, and Erin
(we missed you Katherine and Misty) 

Went on lots of evening walks with friends and soaked up this beautiful view

Took a day trip with Erin to Cold Springs, NY (and had some of the best ice cream ever)

Celebrated (from afar) Ruthie and Anna becoming permanent members of our family!  

Had one crazy, fun, Vacation Bible School at Redeemer
Went on a convertable ride in Long Island with Co-workers Michelle and Bijan 

Made my first trip to Little Italy with Heather and Stephen when they came to visit (and ate a delicious meal).  

Went Jet Skiing with my dad

had lots of coke floats from my favorite ice cream truck

Spent several afternoons on my frien Jean Marie's rooftop enjoying the sunshine and this view

Went to the Gospel Coalition conference and spent a weekend in Orlando with these friends, Erin , Robyn, and Katherine.

Saw several Broadway shows including If/Then, Les Mis, and A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder

Watch lots of sunsets over the Hudson River

Had a great day with my Redeemer West Side staff team at our staff retreat in Long Island

Tooks lots of trips down water slides with crazy hair Blakester (girl has no fear, like really no fear)

Soaked up days in Central Park as much as I could

Spent time looking at this view of Manhattan from Brooklyn

Had lots of quality pool time


Watched the movie "Gravity" from on top of the Intrepid with friends

Got up close and personal with a mama bear at my parents mountain house. (a little too close for comfort I would say)

There were lots of moments that weren't photographed, but I would say this is a great sampling of what my summer held.  I worked hard and played hard and spent every moment possible outside.
I'm thankful for summer. I'm thankful for these days that feel different and for the laid back feel that summer brings (if you can ever call life in New York laid back)
But summer is over and fall will be here soon.
If August is the slowest month of the year for me I would say September is the busiest.
And this fall will bring a whole new rollercoaster of life.
Thank You Summer you were good to me!
Bring It on Fall!
post signature

No comments: