Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

US Open 2014


 The beginning of September I had the opportunity to go to the men's quarterfinals at the US Open. 


I love love love tennis and try to go to the US Open every year that I can.  Not only do I love watching tennis, but I really love the atmosphere of the US Open.  I think it might be one of my favorite New York events.  
I was late to the game in getting tickets this year, but thankfully my friend Robyn ended up having an extra ticket and invited me to go with her.  
I've gotten to see a ton of great players play through the years at the US Open and this year was no exception.  First we got to watch John Mcenroe play doubles, which even though he's retired I was excited to see such a legend play.  (sorry for grainy iphone pics. Forgot my real camera!) 

The main match of the evening was Roger Federer vs Gail Monfils.  Monfils was definitely the underdog of the match but man did he almost win it.  It was a crazy intense, long match that had everyone on the edge of their seats.  After 3.5 hours Federer finally came back and won 5-2.  
It It was definitely a great night of tennis and a match that I won't forget! 
By the end of the match everyone was going crazy!  It was so fun getting to watch such a great player like Federer win such a great match!  
This may be my last US Open for awhile. So glad that I got to end this streak with a bang!  
Thanks Robyn for such a great night of tennis!  
post signature

No comments: