Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Last Night....

It's my last night in New York City.  The movers have come and gone, the good-bye's have been said, my suitcases are packed. As I type this post, I look around at my apt that has been my refuge in this city and I hear the noise of Broadway below.  It's all surreal.  I know I'm supposed to be feeling all kinds of things, but honestly I think I feel so much that I can't feel anything.  I'm overwhelmed by so much.  The past two weeks have been filled to the max with celebrations and good-byes.  I've never felt so loved and celebrated in my life and I will never forget what these weeks meant to me.  I came to NYC with 2 suitcases, no friends, and a lot of dreams.  As I looked around the room at a going away party last night I couldn't help but be filled with so much thankfulness.  The Lord did more in my life the past 6 years than I could ever have imagined. I'm not the same person I was when I got off that airplane on July 1 2008.   As I close this chapter and begin a new one, I know it will look different and I know the transition will be hard. I'm realizing as I leave that the life I am starting is so incredibly different than where I am.  NYC is a place like no other and my life is about to be completely turned upside down.  It's a scary and unnerving thing to be to making a giant move and life change like the one I am making, but I'm thankful to have a God who has gone before me and is with me every step of the way.



As I close this NYC chapter I know it's not the end.  The Lord was faithful to me in NYC and He will be faithful to me in Birmingham.  My prayer is that He would do immeasurably more than all I could ask or imagine...in and through me.  As I grieve tonight I also walk in hope.  I have so much I want to blog about for my own processing and memory. I know eventually time will allow me to do that, but for now I go to bed my last night in this city with a sad, thankful, and hopeful heart.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new journey.....

"I know who goes before me I know who stands behind, The God of angel armies is always by my side. The one who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine.  The God of angel armies  is always by my side." - Chris Tomlin


No comments: