Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Mom came to Town

Over Columbus Day weekend (I know I'm so behind on all this) my mom came to NYC! She has come so much over my years there so I really wanted her to come one last time. 

The main reason she came was to help me pack, but we did do a few fun things throughout the weekend as well.  I have no pictures of us packing, but she was a HUGE help!  Like packed up most of my apt for me.  Why is is that moms just know how to do that stuff? I was feeling so overwhelmed and she helped me take the packing one item at a time until everything was boxed up.  It was so great! 

I took her to my friend Jean Marie's room one day to see the incredible Manhattan view.  It's my favorite view of the city and I wanted her to see it before I moved

For as long as I've lived in the city my mom has wanted to go to the Rachael Ray show. Well nothing like waiting till the last minute, but I finally got tickets while she was in town. The Rachael Ray show is a special show to me, because I actually got to be a guest on the show several years ago.  You can read about that HERE
This time when we went we go to see Bob from Bigget Loser and Debra Messing, so it was a pretty good show! 
We also managed to sneak in desert at Cafe Lalo, a walk in Central Park, and one last breakfast at Alice's Tea Cup.  Alice's has been a tradition for us since her very first trip.  It was a little sad to have our last breakfast there, but I'm sure we'll be back again. 
I love all the mother/daughter trips my mom and I have had in NYC.  It was always special sharing my life and my city with her and the rest of my family (she was just able to come up a lot more than the rest of my family:-)) 
Thanks mom for all your help! 

post signature

No comments: