Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

The Company Line Up

I've been in Birmingham 8 month now.  8 months!  That is CRAZY to me.  There has been lots of ups and downs of the last 8 months, but one thing I am so thankful for is ALL the friends I have had come visit me!  It's been so sweet to stay connected to my friends and have so many people see my new world here.  
Let's back up to December at the beginning...
Immediately after Christmas my friend Kelli came for a few days and pretty much spent the entire time helping me shop and decorate my apt!  She was so kind to leave her husband and 2 little girls to come help me get settled!  We had a great time together!  
2 Months after Kelli came my best friend from childhood came up to Birmingham for the weekend and was also kind enough to drive to Atlanta with me to spend the day at Ikea.  Kelli happened to be in Atlanta that week and met us at Ikea as well.  These 2 really were the best helping me pick out items for my new place.  
Laura was also a very patient friend who went along with my crazy idea to fit a chair as well as a ton of other items in my Honda Accord.  
Not one of my brightest ideas especially when the chair got stuck in the backseat and we had to rip the whole box apart to get it out.  Seriously note to self...if going to Ikea to buy furniture take a bigger car.  Laura was also an awesome friend who helped me put furniture together and hang pictures. It was so great to have her here!    
In March some of my cousins from Minnesota came to visit for a few days.  All 5 of them stayed with me in my apt and we had a great time together(only got pictures of the girls for some reason). They are the same cousins who came to visit me in NYC last March.  They are quite the travelers! It was fun to have them meet the twins and MB loved having her older cousins here. 

A few weeks later my Children's Ministry team from Redeemer came to Birmingham for our teammate Regan's wedding (who happens to be from Birmingham) It was SO fun to show them the south and have them see my world.  We also had a great time celebrating Regan! 
(l-r) Meagan, Ariane, me, and Jenni

 A week after my CM team came my friend Erin was here!  I had less than 24 hours to show her Birmingham before we packed up and drove to Nashville  so that she could run a marathon.  It was my first visit to Nashville and I fell in love with that city!  Such a fun place to visit!  As seen below we had a blast exploring the music city.  
May came and my friend Katherine and her baby Scarlet came and visited for a couple days!  It was so fun to have them here!  

And then June came and another friend Kathryn who I worked with at Redeemer came and spent a weekend with me.  This picture below makes me laugh b/c I took her to get real Alabama bbq and she couldn't get over the take home drink they gave her.  NYC does not do free refills let alone to-go cups.  The South is a whole new world to my city friends from the North. :)
And a week after Kathryn was here another friend Katherine ( I have lots of people in my life with the same name) and her boyfriend had a wedding in Tuscaloosa so they spent the weekend with me.  We found this awesome Birmingham lookout (see below).  It was so fun to have them here!  
In addition to these sweet friends I have had lots of visits from my parents and a few other people that I don't have pictures of.  As hard as it is to live far a part from some of my closest friends it's helped ease the newness of life here to have so many familiar faces come visit! 
Thankful for these visits, for friendships that aren't separate by miles, and for hopefully more visits from friends in the future.  

post signature

No comments: