Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Athens Shower


One of the sweetest things about my marriage to Dustin has been being welcomed into the Belue family.  Dustin's family has gone above and beyond to welcome me with open arms.  I have loved getting to know not just his immediate family, but his extended family and friends!  
As soon as we got engaged Dustin's moms friends begin preparing to throw me a shower.  I felt so loved by their excitement to celebrate us during this season!

The shower was held at the end of August at Athens State University in a beautiful building. 
It was hosted by these sweet ladies
(Regina C, (who was also our florist), Regina, Sharon, and Donna) and a couple other ladies not pictured.  
The building was very historic and the room was decorated beautifully.  Unfortunately I took very few pictures!  

It was an afternoon tea with delicious food! One of the places I registered was a boutique in Athens that has super cute stuff (that is owned by Regina who was our florist. Woman of many talents:-)) 
I received some fun and personal gifts from the store as well as many other gifts from the other stores we registered at.  
Although I don't have a single picture of all the beautiful gifts that were laid out, it was quite the spread of things to help Dustin and I set up our home.  
It was also really fun to meet so many friends and family members of the Belues.  
It was one of those surreal moments where I felt so loved by people who I had just met!  

My mom was able to drive up for the shower which was really special.  
I'm thankful for an amazing mom and mother in law!  
Each shower that we had was special for different reasons but with each one I just felt so loved and so thankful!  

Next up....
NYC Engagement Party and Shower!  
post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. For more information visit sensi seeds