Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Our Engagement Party in Fairhope

From the time I was a little girl I said I wanted to have my wedding reception at our good friends, the Fellers, backyard.  I've grown up at their house (even living there for 6 months when I was a senior in high school and holding my graduation party there) and it's always held a special place for me.  Since getting married in Fairhope wasn't the best option for Dustin and me, The Fellers offered to host an engagement party for us!  
Walking in to this backyard and seeing a wedding celebration for Dustin and I set up was a dream come true for me.  It was just another one of those times where I felt the Lord's kindness of answering so many prayers for me.  
Although it was August in Alabama, it was the perfect temperature and a beautiful night on the bay.  

Many friends who have known me since I was little girl came to celebrate with us.  

Paul and Flor were the best host and gave us such a special evening. 
They spend half of their year at their beautiful home and half the year serving in Ecaudor providing Orthopedic medical care through the non profit they started, Bayside Medical Missions.  My parents and I had the opportunity to go serve with them a few years ago.  It's an incredible ministry!



 Laura and I have been friends since we were babies (literally our parents grew up together). It was so special to have her and her husband Aaron celebrate with us at our party in Fairhope and even more special to have Laura be a bridesmaid in my  wedding.  
 It was fun to be at the Fellers home as a family and actually get a family of 4 picture!  

My sister left her husband on her 10 year wedding anniversary and drove down with the 3 littles to be at the celebration!  Matron of Honor and sister of the year award definitely goes to her!  

It was also so special to have the Belue's drive down for the party and get to show them a place that means so much to my family and me!  

It was such a special night with so many friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in years, and getting to introduce Dustin to them.  
I'll definitely always treasure this engagement party!  

post signature

No comments: