Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Our First Shower

Over the years as I prayed and dreamed about marriage, I watched countless friends get engaged, hosted many showers, and went to even more! I always loved celebrating others, but each time I went to a shower there was a twinge of "will it ever be my turn". The thought of registering and receiving gifts, and just being celebrated seemed so distant to me yet something that I think almost every girl deep down dreams about!  

The Lord exceeded my expectations during our engagement. Dustin and I were spoiled to say the least, and all the celebrations and showers meant so much to us.  Not only was it fun to be spoiled with gifts, but connecting with so many friends and family made for some super fun and special months!  
My first shower was hosted by my sister and Birmingham friends!  It was held at my church, Oak Mountain, and was a sweet time to be showered and celebrated by Oak Mountain women.  
To be honest, making friends in Birmingham has definitely been one of the harder aspects of my transition to a new city.  The past 2 years have not been the easiest road for me in this area, so having 6 friends host a beautiful shower for me and many more come was such a sweet reminder of the friends the Lord has given me.  
Pictured above: (l-r) Katie, Angie, Morgan, Me, Kara, Meg, and Catherine

They decided to theme the shower around date nights in Birmingham and had everyone write down a date night idea for Dustin and I.  It's such a great keepsake for us to have as we continue to "date" in this city!  



It was so special to have my future mother in law and my mom in town for the shower!  


One of the sweetest parts of the shower was all the little girls who were so excited to watch me open gifts (and always willing to give a helping hand:-))
We received so many fun and special gifts at this shower!  It was so exciting to begin thinking about setting up a home together very soon!  

For some reason I don't have a picture, but one of my best friends, Katherine, who was a bridesmaid in my wedding drove from Raleigh to Birmingham to be here for my first shower.  It was the sweetest gift to have her celebrate with me.  Why don't I have a picture?!?

The hosts did an amazing job with food and decor, and just made my first shower really special!  


post signature

No comments: