Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Amy and Corey's Wedding!

From Seattle to Birmingham to Brevard and now to Charlotte, the last stop on the around the country trip and my last wedding of the season

If you know me or read my blog at all you have seen many post with Amy in them!  
She was the Lord's unbelievable answer to prayer when I moved to NYC and prayed specifically for a friend to do life with. 
She has been my co-worker/co-laborer/friend for almost 5 years. 
I have very few memories in this city without her.  We've walked through singleness, dating, brokenhearts, discipleship, leading a mission's trip, traveling, Children's Ministry, the craziness of life here, and everything that day to day life brings. 
After all these years I was excited to stand with her on her wedding day! 

The Bridesmaids and the Bride at the luncehon on Friday

 NYC Ladies at the luncheon 
(Robyn, Ashley, Amy, Erin, and Dria)
 My mom and I
 The happy couple at the rehersal Friday night

 My mom and dad have gotten to know Amy well over the last few years and were invited to the entire wedding weekend! 
 With my dad at the rehersal dinner
 On Saturday all the bridesmaids got ready with Amy at the church.  Jenni Bounds (who is a great friend of ours in NYC) came and did all the bridesmaids make-up. She's amazing! Sandi Taylor was her assistant! 
 Waiting to walk down the aisle
 They are married! 
 Some of the South Africa team members who were able to attend the wedding
(Liz, Dria, Kara, Erin, Joanna, and me)
 Although it was a crazy weekend, it was fun to have my parents there to be a part of everything and hang out with all my friends! 

 My friend Frances (from my Campus Outreach days) was the photographer! It was fun to have her be there for a NYC friend's wedding! 
 The entire NYC crew who flew down for the big weekend! It was soooo fun having this many friends together in one place! 
 Amy had many cool little features at her wedding, but one of the ideas she had that I thought was so great is that they did a framed picture and blurb of everyone in the wedding party explaining who they were and Corey/Amy's relationship with them.  It was a "meeting the wedding party table" I love that Amy put at the end of the one she did for me that "we expreience life in "Friends" quotes".  It's so true! 
 Our community group ladies(minus a few)!  When I look at this picture I see faces of women who have gone through so much together and whose lives have been impacted greatly by Amy! So thankful we could all be together for this special event (and even Joanna re-united with us from Virigina)
 The dance floor was a happening place all night long! 

 And there was a photo booth set-up
 With the bride
Amy has taught me so much over the years, but one of the things that will always be huge for me is all that she has taught me in singleness.  She's taught me that Jesus really is worth it and it's worth the wait for the right man. This wedding was a celebration not only of the covenant between 2 people, but of the Lord's provision and faithfulness! 
Congratulations Amy and Corey! 
I am so thankful I could be a part of your big day.
I miss you here in the city, but excited for what the Lord has next for you in this new chapter!




post signature

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Lovely wedding!! Then couple is just outstanding. I am seriously envious that their reception was at such an exotic location. It is one of my favorite places! Well I got married at wedding venues chicago but I would like to celebrate my 1st anniversary at this place.